Goodreads/Amazon/Amazon UK/Amazon AU/Kobo/Barnes & Noble/iBooks
Title:The Lost One
Series: Lost #1
Author: Liz Lovelock
Release Date: September 10, 2014
My name is Melodi White, I had a dream once like every other girl does. Then one day, my dream was torn to shreds, by my sister’s evil boyfriend, Jacob. It’s been three years since she was ripped from my life. She wasn’t just any sister; no, she was my twin, my best friend.
Deciding to follow our childhood dream of moving to New York, I head for a life of adventure and fun. A night on the town and I find myself wrapped in the arms of one gorgeous, drop-dead-sexy man, Corban. He has literally swept me off my feet, taken my breath away with a single kiss and left me wanting more, a feeling completely alien to me.
Corban Andrews, CEO of Case Construction, rich, sexy and ravishing is set to make my world come undone. I allow myself to put my trust in him, but will his rules and my trust issues let us explore what we could have together? It’s either that or am I at risk of staying lost and alone.
When a blast from my past reappears, I know I may be pushed so far down the rabbit hole, Corban and I just may not survive. It all comes down to survival and choices. I have no idea which I will choose.
***I received this eARC in exchange for an honest review and particapation in this blog tour
- The shocking twist at the end of the story is so unexpected and startling that it makes you reevaluate the initial plot.
- Melodi is a head strong, emotionally confused girl. She is suspicious of men and doesn’t know how to trust after her sister. Because of what happened, she doesn’t put on fronts, she tells it like it is and doesn’t have time for drama. It was refreshing to see a young women who sticks to her guns despite her past trauma. Melodi is such a klutz, it’s hilarious how often she’s falling down stairs or collapsing into Corban.
- Corban is moody on occasion, he makes stupid comments but he easily makes up for his momentary lapses with the consistent, beautiful way he worships Melodi. Every smile, every laugh, every time he can make her day a little brighter makes his heart swell and Melodi becomes the center of his universe. Corban cares for Melodi as a protector, wrapping her in his arms and gifting her the warmth of his love, he’s compassionate, constantly thinking about her, and his confessional style letters will make you swoon.
- Jacob is a creepy, skeevy, terrifying menace. Between the cryptic messages and the black roses, it’s enough to make skin crawl and paranoia to set in. Melodi’s fears are recognized and each interaction is a haunting, dangerous event. The scene on the way to the car is disquieting and too real. His stalker tendencies and the memory of her sister amplify Melodi’s emotions to the point of hyperventilation.
- Rachel and Flick are the best friends a girl can ask for. They bring energy, raunchiness, and fun to the story. Rachel is perverse, she speaks her mind and is a little pushy but she brings out Melodi’s wild side and gets her to let loose. Flick is a huge part of Melodi’s healing process, she helps her deal and let her feelings out.
- Melodi and Corban have several meet cutes. It’s adorable how they get lost in each other’s eyes and can’t seem to keep their hands off of each other.
- That Melodi, after her sister’s murder, would not report Jacob’s harassment to the authorities or her loved ones immediately is unbelievable and contradicts her character. Yes, she doesn’t want to worry people but her fear and paranoia about Jacob in general should have had her dialing 911 within seconds. It was infuriating how many times she put it off and weakened her image overall.
- Melodi’s spiral into sadness and memories of her sister were heartbreaking. She dealt with it every day of her life to the point that it steered all of her decision making. However, there wasn’t a strong presence of Abby to get their connection. The story would have benefited from a little more flashback to truly comprehend their sisterly bond and up the emotional connection to Melodi.
A huge playful smile swipes across his face, which sets my chest racing.
“I’m sure you will be fine. Anyway, Melodi, I would love to stay and get to know you a little better, but unfortunately, I have a meeting in about twenty minutes, which I probably shouldn’t be late for.” He reaches his hand out like he is about to shake my hand. You’re not seriously just going to shake my hand!
Surprising me for the second time, he takes my hand, placing a gentle kiss across my knuckles, and then pulls me close, pressing his lips to mine. I taste him; boy, he tastes good. It’s nothing like our kiss the other night. This is more…more sensual.
Savouring the moment, until his cologne drifting around me drives me crazy, igniting a raging fire within me. My arms wrap around his neck, pulling him closer to me. Our kiss becomes more heated.
I remember we are standing in the middle of the footpath when a car goes past blasting its horn. I’m not sure if it’s at us or something else. I slowly pull away, placing one more gentle kiss to his warm lips. Mine already ache from the loss. We stay where we are, holding each other, neither of us wanting to move.
His eyes blaze brighter; I can even see a sparkle. Leaning into me, he whispers, “Until next time, my sweet Melodi.” Feeling his breath on my cheek sends goose bumps over my entire body.
Liz is from bright sunny Queensland, Australia. She has always been a reader. When she was little she would be up late reading Garfield and Asterix comic books and also Footrot Flats. When she hit high school she read Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden and from there her love of books continued to grow. She always has a book to read beside her bed along with a notebook for when inspiration hits at those crazy hours.
She is a stationary addict and a one-click addict. She loves everything books, authors, and of course loves chocolate and lollies to keep her going.
Enter for a chance to win one of THREE ebook + swag pack combos
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: