Today we’re celebrating the release of BRAZEN by Christina Farley! BRAZEN is the third and final book in the Gilded series about a sixteen-year old girl who must use her martial art skills and wits to save her family, friends, and country from an evil Korean god.
Be sure to pick up the letter for this stop at the end of this post to earn extra points in the Kindle Fire or $50 Amazon gift card giveaway! Collect all the letters during the blog tour to spell out the secret message to earn more points.
- Jae has come so far from the sort of timid girl we were introduced to. The fate of the world rests in her hands, her love for her heritage, her culture, and the legacy of her family propel her through dark and harrowing times. Jae is faced with horrific decisions, she’s incredibly real, she makes mistakes, and at her heart is a fierce young woman with her heart on the line asking to be loved.
- A dizzying combination of suspense, matrial arts, legend and Korean gods, the beautiful, structured portrait of South Korea interwines with the etheral, whimiscal worlds of the “good” gods and the sadistic, twisted one of Kud.
- Some parts are edge-of-you-seat thrill rides mixed with BA fight scenes and epic magical battles. Others are moments of heartache and loss. As Jae collides with her past, her sacrifices become more raw, more painful. She starts to wonder if what she gave up was worth it? Jae is resourceful and courageous, she butts heads with the gods and refuses to back down, and while she can’t be sure of her choices, she questions and I love tha about her, she won’t go down without a fight.
- The tension between Jae and Kud is suprising and a little horrifying. Humanity is at odds with knowledge. Their antagonistic, playful, and yes, sometimes violent interactions were a twist that had me questioning what would happen next.
- Marc and the other warriors are full of awesome traditions and the keepers of history. As if that’s not cool enough, their marital arts skills are on point. Marc is at war with himself. His history with Jae, the wounds that are still fresh, and feelings that never melted away make him choose a side in an impossible situation. Moments between Jae and Marc are complex BUT SWOONY.
- Parts were action after action in style and it felt a bit robotic. Especially the first few chapters but as the story progressed, things flowed much better.
To celebrate the release of BRAZEN, Christina is giving away a Kindle Fire (US only) and a $50 Amazon gift card (international). The letter for this stop is _E__. Collect all the letters from the blog tour to earn more points!
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: