Hey everyone, remember this? I know this says update and in a way, it is, but I’ll be real with you, I’m rushing to catch up on all the categories I missed and if you are too, don’t worry you are NOT ALONE. (See below)
A little birdie told me that some of you were having trouble finding YA books set on certain continents. So, I put my feelers out into the world and compiled a list of YA books set in Australia, Africa, Antarctica, and South America…which BTW there are nowhere near enough of. Here it goes AND I’ve included Goodreads/Amazon links for your convenience. FYI I got some of these from the library, never feel ashamed of that!
- The Untamed Series by Madeline Dyer Goodreads/Amazon
- Reasons to be Happy by Katrina Kittle Goodreads/Amazon
- The Ear, The Eye, and the Arm by Nancy Farmer Goodreads/Amazon
- A Girl Named Disaster by Nancy Farmer Goodreads/Amazon
- Second Hearts by G.J. Walker-Smith Goodreads/Amazon
- Kayin’s Fire by Alica McKenna-Johnson Goodreads/Amazon
- Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden Goodreads/Amazon
- Every Breath by Ellie Marney Goodreads/Amazon
- Sister Heart by Sally Morgan Goodreads/Amazon
- Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta Goodreads/Amazon
- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta Goodreads/Amazon
- Flight by Rosie Dub Goodreads
- Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey Goodreads/Amazon
- Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones Goodreads/Amazon
- Sea by Heidi R. Kling Goodreads
- The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson Goodreads/Amazon
- The City of Beasts by Isabelle Allende Goodreads/Amazon
- Origin by Jessica Khoury Goodreads/Amazon
- Legacy of the Feathered Serpent by Alica McKenna-Johnson Goodreads/Amazon
If you know any books to add to this list please comment and I’ll put them up!
If you’re having problems in any other category let me know and I’ll come up with some reading suggestions for you! Trust me, I know it’s hard. My something that scares you is beluga whales. That was really difficult to find!
Happy reading and good luck!!