Bryn’s hopes for a peaceful new semester at school go up in smoke when someone tries to kill her—again. She’s not sure which is scarier, facing the radicals who want to sacrifice her for their cause, or her impending nightmare of a Directorate-arranged marriage to her nemesis, Jaxon.
The one bright spot in her life is Valmont, her smoking-hot knight who is assigned to watch over her twenty-four hours a day. Is what she feels for him real or just a side effect of the dragon-knight bond? At this point, stopping the impending civil war might be easier than figuring out her love life.
She may have to live in their world, but she doesn’t have to play by their rules.
***I received this eARC as a gift in exchange for an honest review via Entangled Teen & Mark My Words
READ THIS BOOK IF:
- You NEED to know what’s going on with Bryn and Valmont.
- You’re more about the romance than the action.
- You live for drama.
- That same carefree, awesome, friendly banter is there making you fall hard for every character, even the bad guys.
- Bryn and Valmont are complicated, romantic, adorable, everything you’d want in a couple with just the right amount of jealousy, love, and drama.
- You see another side to Jaxon, one that’s super surprising, sweet, and may have you second-guessing your opinion of him.
- The dragon world is evolving. Acceptance, difference, diversity, and understanding are all on full display. The main message is hope.
- The book was more about the romance than anything else. The action happens much later in the book, along with the crazy cool mysteries that point towards a more accepting, less prejudice side of dragons in the past.
- The “being” dragon part was absent. Their time in the sky, the flying, the battling, all of that was hardly present. I missed it.
Award winning author Chris Cannon lives in Southern Illinois with her husband and her three dogs, Pete the shih tzu who sleeps on her desk while she writes, Molly the ever-shedding yellow lab, and Tyson the sandwich-stealing German Shepherd Beagle. She believes coffee is the Elixir of Life. Most evenings after work, you can find her sucking down caffeine and writing fire-breathing paranormal adventures and snarky contemporary romance.
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: