Goodreads reviewers love Cruel and Beautiful:
“A romance that will break your heart and melt it at the same time.”
“This book is about love, the truest and purest kind there is.”
“Heartwarming and gut wrenching.”
“I haven’t cried so hard over a book in a good while.”
“Beautiful. Simply beautiful.”
Cate Forbes, a dedicated college student with a carefully plotted future, doesn’t know the first thing about love. When she accepts a blind date with a rumored tasty piece of eye candy, she thinks she can get by with a night of fun. Cate’s plans quickly unravel when she gets one look at the sexy…
The relentless hockey-playing medical resident knows what he wants-a career in Oncology and Cate. Although he’s heard the gorgeous brunette is a little relationship skittish, a single night out isn’t what he has in mind. Determined to have her-in every way possible-he shows her just what a future with him would hold.
Only life has other plans. The unthinkable happens and everything begins to shatter. Both in too deep, they will have to fight the cruel and hang onto the beautiful.
***I received this eARC as a gift in exchange for an honest review and with participation in this tour.
Cruel and Beautiful perfectly captures the awkwardness of a new relationship and the silliness of an old one. Heartbreaking, bittersweet, and all sorts of sexy, Cruel and Beautiful is unforgettable and a true joy to read.
READ THIS BOOK IF:
- Hot Southern doctors are your kryptonite.
- You’ve got plenty of tissues on hand.
- You want to laugh.
- I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe.
- Some parts are super cheesy, so ridiculously cheesy they’re adorable. Those pickup lines. Be still my heart, so bad they’re genius. I bookmarked at least 30 pages of awesome interactions and one-liners.
- Cate is that girl who constantly puts her foot in her mouth. She has absolutely no filter and good god is it hilarious. Cate is embarrassing and bashful, her experiences are relatable and honest, everything she thinks and feels will resonate deeply with any girl who has been in love or suffered from that horrible sexual experience that left you mortified.
- Drew is smokin’ s’more hot and delicious, as some of the characters note. He’s attentive, an expert at dirty talk, and gorgeous. On top of that, he’s compassionate, giving, and a truly beautiful person.
- Secondary characters are fun and memorable. Jenna is that mildly promiscuous girlfriend that doesn’t know when to stop and it leads to a whole lot of funny.
- Chemistry is scorching, burning off the pages fire. From their playfulness to their intimate scenes, it’s engrossing and will suck you in so much that you might be tempted to reread certain sections.
- Way to rip out my heart and stomp on it. Kudos, A.M. Hargrove & Terri E. Laine, you demon writers, you.
- There were a lot of minor, clichéd characters that weren’t really necessary and distracted from the plot.
- The story flips from past to present. After the introductory chapter, it’s unexpected and may throw you off a bit.
Listen to the Cruel and Beautiful soundtrack on Spotify!
One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager A. M. Hargrove realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn’t do something soon, it would be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So she rolled down the passenger window of her fabulous (not) company car and tossed out her leather briefcase. Luckily, the pedestrian in the direct line of fire was a dodge ball pro and had ¸ber quick reflexes enabling him to avoid getting bashed in the head. Feeling a tad guilty about the near miss, A. M. made a speedy turn down a deserted side street before tossing her crummy, outdated piece-of-you-know-what laptop out the window. She breathed a liberating sigh of relief, picked up her cell phone, called her boss, and quit her job. Grinning, she made another call to her hubs and told him of her new adventure (after making sure his heart was beating properly again).
So began A. M. Hargrove’s career as a Naughty and Nice Romance Author.
Her books include Adult, New Adult and Young Adult Romances, including, The Guardians of Vesturon Series (Survival, Resurrection, Determinant, reEmergent, and the novella Beginnings); Dark Waltz and Death Waltz (The Praestani Novels); The Edge Series (Edge of Disaster, Shattered Edge, and Kissing Fire); The Tragic Series (Tragically Flawed and Tragic Desires); Exquisite Betrayal; Dirty Nights: The Novel; and The Hart Brothers Novels (Freeing Her, Freeing Him, and Kestrel).
Please find her at www.amhargrove.com.
Wife and mother of three, I’ve always been an avid reader. In my early years, my best friend and I would tell each other stories over the phone when we were bored. We called them our “soap operas” and generally revolved around whatever boy we liked at the time.
Over five years ago, I got this crazy idea to write a novel and try to publish it. And the rest is history. This journey has been a blessing, and a dream realized. I look forward to many more memories to come.
Find more about me and social media links at www.terrielaine.com.
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: