Blind Trust by Peiri Ann
Publication Date: September 24, 2015
Read for FREE on Kindle Unlimited here.
Loving someone has never been so deadly.
Valerie Harper has one assignment, one mission. Assassinate her mark and everyone he loves. But what happens when she finds that she loves him too?
Her instructions are simple; do not fraternize with your target, observe at a distance, and never engage with the enemy. However, as things take an unexpected turn in Val’s world, these simple instructions begin to change.
Refusing to be a puppet, Kyle Shultz walks away from his old life and settles into the college routine. But the life of a student is more difficult than he imagined. Making friends and attending parties are as foreign a concept as showing a target mercy.
The lines between the state of the job and the affairs of the heart are blurred as Valerie and Kyle’s worlds collide. With a maze of enemies and hit lists to navigate, will these two young adversaries proceed wide-eyed and alone into the fray? Or will they blindly trust the feelings they can no longer ignore?
***I received this ebook as a gift in exchange for an honest review and with participation in this tour.
Blind Trust is a tantalizing, adrenaline-rush of a read.
READ THIS BOOK IF:
- You’re looking for ballsy, lovable characters with confidence
- You’re into thrillers but not anything too gruesome or graphic
- You’ve been searching for that perfect balance of love/hate chemistry
- The chemistry is HOT HOT HOT. No really, sizzling, spicy goodness. Kyle and Val’s playful banter is an instant spark that turns into much more. Their constant teasing of each other, their fighting words, and denial it only adds to the electricity.
- Val is a saucy, feisty woman who knows her skills and when to use them. Wicked smart and a BA assassin, she’s as fierce as they come and yet, down to earth. Her heart, though cloaked in antagonism and sarcasm, is on her sleeve and thirsting for connection. Val’s internal dialogue makes her relatable and someone you can get behind.
- Kyle, sweet sinful boy. Kyle’s wide grin, his killer body, his heart, the way he goes out of his way to help people and his slight arrogance make him a major catch. Each new scene shows a compassionate, sweet side to him that makes him even more knight in shinning armor…but like with a gun complete with a silencer and a hit list.
- Secondary characters each have their own intriguing stories and bold personalities, most are memorable and likeable.
- It takes a bit for the tension to build and the story to take off but when it does it’s 100% worth the wait.
- These competing assassins and networks that don’t know of each other were a little too clandestine, if you know what I mean. It didn’t feel like there was as much danger as there should have been, especially when all these rival companies are pitting assassins against each other.
- Some characters felt unnecessary and there for the sake of adding more sexual encounters. Those characters were also atypical, you’d expect most of their moves.
Peiri Ann shares a love in the creation of new worlds, different creatures, and unwritten possibilities.
Writing is a passion. I fell in love with it when i was a child and I am privileged to share it with you. I love writing fun/tragic adventurous novels with strong romantic elements from YA to New Adult. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: