Turn of the Moon (Royal Shifters, #1) by L.P. Dover
Publication Date: August 25, 2015
Genres: Fiction, New Adult, Paranormal, Romance, SuspenseOne girl. Two wolves. Promised to one. Destined for the other.
To escape the cruel, overbearing, Kade, the Yukon Pack alpha she’s been promised to, Bailey Whitehill flees her home in search of a new life, one of freedom where she can make her own choices. However, Kade will stop at nothing to make her his and begins the hunt.
As Bailey starts her new life, everything she’s known to be true, is not. Time is of the essence and choices have to be made or consequences suffered. Not only does Bailey fear Kade, but another danger lurks deep in the recesses of the forest. Unbeknownst to her, that danger is what she’s been searching for all along. At the turn of the moon, her fate hangs in the balance . . . and it’s up to her to make the right choice.
***I received this eARC as a gift in exchange for an honest review and with participation in this tour
+++Some elements may be considered triggers: violence and forceful sexual situations
READ THIS BOOK IF:
- You’re looking for page after page of steamy sex scenes
- You’re not afraid of a little graphic violence
- You enjoy off-the-charts chemistry
- Bailey and Ryker are explosive. Made of extreme sexual tension, from their playful comments, to blunt expressions of need, each interaction is made of sensual touches and primal want.
- Plot twist central. Subtle clues become shocking reveals.
- Action scenes that are full of violence, revenge, and mischief. These shifters aren’t playing games. Everything is life or death.
- Kade is a repulsive, sadistic character. Though his sections are brief, they’re memorable in the way that a particularly vile scene in a horror film replays in your head like a nightmare. He’s abusive, forceful, a seriously despicable and rude antagonist. You’ll be gunning for sweet revenge.
- The sex scenes while sweltering hot and crazy sexy, were a bit excessive, almost to the detriment of the plot. It felt like every other page was fueled by irresistible and insatiable attraction, so much so that the focus became solely about finding release.
- The synopsis is misleading. It suggests that there’s a whole lot of triangular tension going on when in reality, for the majority of the plot, it’s a pure romance with threats in the form of pack-wide revenge.
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, L.P. Dover, is a southern belle residing in North Carolina along with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she even began her literary journey she worked in Periodontics enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.
Not only does she love to write, but she loves to play tennis, go on mountain hikes, white water rafting, and you can’t forget the passion for singing. Her two number one fans expect a concert each and every night before bedtime and those songs usually consist of Christmas carols.
Aside from being a wife and mother, L.P. Dover has written over nine novels including her Forever Fae series, the Second Chances series, and her standalone novel, Love, Lies, and Deception. Her favorite genre to read is romantic suspense and she also loves writing it. However, if she had to choose a setting to live in it would have to be with her faeries in the Land of the Fae.
L.P. Dover is represented by Marisa Corvisiero of Corvisiero Literary Agency.
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: