Away from home.
Away from friends.
Away from half her family.
Armed with her Summer from Hell playlist and a Kindle full of book boyfriends, Ashtyn prepares to face what she is sure will be the worst summer of her life. Or will it be? Flynn James has one thing on his mind—the success of his band Marlowe. He’s focused and doesn’t have time for any distractions, and that includes facing his past. But then a petite brunette comes walking into the pub where he works. Neither Ashtyn or Flynn were looking for love but they can’t deny their obvious attraction. Ashtyn’s summer has been full of lies. The last thing she expects is for Flynn to be one of the liars too. Can she forgive his lies and turn her summer around? Can Flynn keep his secrets without losing everything? Or will this really be the Summer from Hell?
***I received this book as a gift in exchange for an honest review and with participation in this tour.
Finding Flynn is a sexy, sizzling read full of tantalizing moments, laughs, and heartache.
- Flynn is a HOT, flirty tease. Between his gorgeous green eyes, rock star persona, and giant heart, he’s a total knockout. Absolutely swoon worthy. Just like an Abbi Glines character 😉 (if you’ve read the book you’ll get this). The way he makes Ashtyn blush is glorious. He teases and says the sweetest, sinful things. Sigh. His inner demons are heartbreaking and scarring. His relationship with his father, the sadness over his mother all make him complex and deeply emotional even if he keeps it all inside.
- The ending is an explosive sucker punch of emotional chaos. Seriously. Heart-stopping, hold-your-breath crazy shock. Talk about an adrenaline rush.
- Ashtyn and Flynn are scorching together. They have a magnetic ease that is part dirty talk, embarrassment, and crazy attraction. They get each other. Through their mutual love of music and willingness to confide in each other, they’re therapeutic and perfect for each other.
- Ashtyn’s character is a little underdeveloped. I found myself struggling to get to know her. Apart from her obsession with All Time Low and anger at her situation, her likes and dislikes, her passions are all hazy and rarely mentioned.
- Flynn and Ashtyn fall hard and fast. Literally in a day and the book takes place over summer. While it does fall into a sweet, sexy summer romance, the intensity of their feelings is sudden and strange. There’s hardly any build up and while their moments are adorable, it’s borderline instalove with a hint of drama.
- Throughout the story there are hints of this big, catastrophic secret and when it comes out…it doesn’t feel like a huge deal. On top of that, Ashtyn gets so angry and I was confused, why did it matter so much? It wasn’t an end all, horrific, mind-blowing reveal, so her willingness to give up was overly dramatic.
I lick my lips hoping to produce some saliva and ask, “Are there any drinking fountains nearby?”
Flynn gets a shit-eating grin and points to a giant statue with fountains on all sides. “Over there.”
I take a giant gulp that I immediately spit right back out. Unfortunately, Flynn is standing within shooting range and gets a mouthful of the nasty liquid, which tastes like coppery rotten eggs. I’m not sure which one of us is more shocked but I can’t hold in the laughter. The pain in my side is almost unbearable.
I almost don’t hear Flynn say, “You think that’s funny, do you?”
Not understanding his tone, I look up to a blazing green fire. I don’t know whether to be scared or seriously turned on. I turn to run but he grabs me and flips me around. My body shakes with fear and desire as Flynn rubs his hands up and down my arms. I don’t speak, too terrified of what I would say but even more terrified of ruining whatever is happening. I nervously gnaw on my bottom lip and he zones right in on it and licks his own.
Leaning forward, I run my hands through his silky hair. He lightly presses his lips to mine, stopping everything around us. Not satisfied with the featherlight kiss, I greedily run my tongue along his bottom lip and use my teeth to gently tug on his lip ring. A guttural groan escapes him, causing my entire body to tingle, right down to my toes. Suddenly I understand what all those girls are feeling in the romance novels I devour. This single kiss will ruin all future kisses for me.
Letting go of his piercing, I push my tongue against his mouth and he grants me access. The moment our tongues tangle, the air around us thickens and everything shifts. Flynn’s hands trail my body. Everywhere he touches, my body is on fire. My back hits cold stone, and I wrap my leg around his waist. Flynn lifts me and both legs hook around him. His hardness hits my sweet spot and I let out a husky moan, causing him to rock against me. My eyes roll back into my head and I throw it back, unable to control myself any longer.