It is only a matter of hours before she runs into Max ‘Manwhore’ Morgan. Dark eyed and dangerous to her heart, he is the very last person she wants to see. It might have been four years since she saw him last, but there’s no denying the chemistry between them is as potent as ever. Max makes it clear he isn’t about to let her run again, even if he is the one thing Leigh vowed to herself she would never date: a street racer.
After racing tore apart her own family and left a path of destruction in its wake, Leigh decided long ago that it is not the life she wants for herself. But when a wager gone wrong threatens her dad’s livelihood, Leigh must go against everything she believes in.
This time there’s more at stake on the quarter mile than just the family business—she’s risking her heart as well.
***I received this eARC as a gift in exchange for an honest review via the author.
Quarter Mile Hearts is a tantalizing adrenaline rush. Full of high-speed racing, sexual tension, and danger, it’s impossible to put down.
- Leigh is one sassy, outspoken woman. She knows what she wants and takes charge of every situation. She’s not one to ever back down from a challenge and it gets her into all sorts of trouble. A risk-taker, adrenaline junkie, and badass, Leigh is unaware of her appeal to men. Her wit and fire will draw you in and keep the pages flipping as the tension mounts to extreme levels. Her heart is at war with common sense, she pushes romance away and lets her fears rule her where it counts. Leigh is a sweetheart, when she lets herself be, and gives just as much as she gets.
- The sexual tension is to die for. Max is SMOLDERING HOT and he does that delectable space crowding thing and his dirty talk. Max is a man of few words but when he gets them out…sizzling. The chemistry bursts off the pages and I couldn’t get enough of how right they are for each other.
- Max is much more than his image. He’s aggressive, forward, honest, and yes, a tease. He flirts and touches, does everything possible to drive a girl wild with lust. Underneath his “manwhore” exterior, Max is a romantic. He knows what he wants and will do anything to get it. Some lines are bold, graphic, the kind of stuff that makes you blush and others are sweet, raw, and honest. Max is the total package.
- Adrenaline is high, the rush of the race, the preparation, everything about the atmosphere is sure to get your heart pounding.
- Secondary characters are funny, charming, and add tons of laughs to the story. Everyone has a past and is complex.
- The animosity between Leigh and Max was gripping, hot, and engaging, I yearned for more of their sharp barbs and playfulness. The tension cut off quickly and evolved even faster, the leap was rushed and took away from the build up that caught my attention in the first place.
- The ending was kind of predictable and the main source of danger was resolved at break-neck speed. There was no real anger or retaliation afterwards, which due to all the allusions to violence and lascivious nature of the antagonist, was a bit of a let down.
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: