Zombies are on the loose in New Orleans and of all the End of the World scenarios, Alexis Winter wasn’t prepared for this one. But, an apocalypse is an apocalypse and she should have this covered. She has been “prepping” for the last three years. The problem is location and timing. She’s stuck downtown and she has to get to her house on the outskirts of the city so she can get her supplies and bug-in (for the “non-preppers” this means hole up and stay safe).
Agreeing to work on a Saturday is now coming back to bite her on the ass big time. Hopefully, it won’t be a literal bite by the walking dead.
Luck favors the prepared, and as luck would have it, it comes in the form of the ridiculously hot Blake Miller. Former military man, current mercenary, Blake Miller, the man with the plan, his goal: steal a boat and trek up the Mississippi until they find safety. Alexis thinks this is a great plan and she decides to team up with Blake. The two team up in unexpected ways as they find they can’t keep their hands off of each other even when the world is falling down around them.
Can Alexis and Blake survive the end of the world, and if they do make it through the night, find a place that is safe and secure? Can their newfound attraction lead them down the road to love or heartbreak?
Zombies, sex, romance and carnage…you can’t get any better than this.
***I received this ebook as a gift in exchange for an honest review and with participation in this tour.
- The pace is fast, the story zooms along as the Alexis and Blake give into their base, carnal urges. The romance propels the plot forward that it becomes more love story than apocalyptic thriller.
- Blake and Alexis have instantaneous, undeniable chemistry that melts off the pages. It’s sexy, explicit, and will make you blush.
- The military set up and the security guys were memorable. They had personality and kinky preferences that are comical and engaging.
- The sex scenes while scorching hot almost feel like filler there are so many of them.
- There wasn’t enough zombie on human carnage. The adrenaline was way down because of the spacing. Inserting a sex scene in every other chapter in a book this short distracted from the fear and anxiety that should have been there.
- There was tons of sexual description, graphic and detailed but the other elements were neglected. I have no clue what most characters look like other than hair color and being hot, the violence wasn’t as gory as I expected from a zombie book.
FIGHT (ZOLA ZOMBIE SERIES, BOOK 2)
Gillian Zane has been writing fiction stories since she was first able to put pen to paper. She has published a few non-fiction books in her field of study, which is Art, but finally, after all, these years her first fiction novella is being released. Gillian is obsessed with anything that gives her a thrill and feels adding romance to any storyline is a good thing. She was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. She lives with her husband, too many animals in a little house that has way too many books.
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: