The bracelet around my wrist was a permanent reminder of my mission. The silver charm that was attached to the leather cord was stamped with my birth sign. Mission: Unite with my twin flame soulmate in this lifetime.
My brothers, sisters, and I were each named after the star sign we were born under. We knew that our soul purpose was to fall madly in love and battle through the obstacles that led to that true love.
Antony crept up on me and caught me unaware. He was nothing like I’d imagined my twin flame soulmate to be. When he started to run, I found that I had to give chase. I had to complete my mission.
***I received this ebook as a gift in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley & Rachel Medhurst.
Let me preface this by saying that I’m a sucker for all things Zodiac. I mean obsessed. The kind of person that has several tarot decks (gifts of course, bad luck to buy your own) and actively embraces my sign-Aries. So I saw this for review on NetGalley and I jumped, I’m so glad I did. Pisces is a feel-good, crazy enjoyable thrill ride that combines the traits of the Zodiac with a divine mission. It’s gripping, fast-paced, and sucks you right in.
- Pisces is emotional. Experiences overwhelm her and as much as she is her Zodiac sign, she tries to rebel. All Pisces wants is freedom from the cage her family has placed her in. Pisces knows she must find her twin flame (soul mate) and spread love to the universe but because she’s so sheltered, she hasn’t had the chance to live. Pisces runs from relationships, anything that will get her to close-her emotions wreak havoc on her soul, pushing her to react with her head and not her heart. When Pisces lets her guard down she’s feisty, compassionate, and headstrong.
- Anthony is a sweetheart. He’s devoted, loyal, and all business when he needs to be. He’s a contradiction. A big bad bodyguard turned teddy bear when it comes to Pisces. When he just relaxes and gives in to his intuition, he compliments and encourages Pisces to come out of her shell.
- Anthony and Pisces play a tantalizing game of hot and cold. They push and pull at each other, increasing the sexual tension tenfold. They’re adorable together. They get fiery mad one moment and soft and sweet the next. The way they feel compelled to touch each other is way cute.
- The story concept is wickedly creative, combining the Zodiac with the concept of soul mates and balancing humanity. Just wow.
- Aries, Leo, and Scorpio are bros. They’re hilarious together. Each has their own devastatingly attractive personality, you’ll fall in love with them all.
- The book was on the short side. Some of the back story that could have been expanded on was glossed over or mentioned only when necessary. Scenes of Pisces’ past, the role of the Dysfunctionals, the process of soul flames and the reasoning behind the dangers were brief snippets of information that left many questions and not a whole lot of answers.
- Things that should have been a big deal and would have emphasized their Zodiac sign traits were neglected, like their elemental skills.
- Sibling interactions were cut off. I would have loved to see more of how these characters worked together, their scenes were full of light and love when they happened. The way they teased and seemed to know each other better than they know themselves was incredibly playful.
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: