Hawk’s hard body and skill have earned him a starting position on the Pioneer’s college hockey team. But it’s not his talent with a hockey stick that’s the most remarkable. His gorgeous two-colored eyes not only draw the attention of every female on campus, they also allow him to track people and objects. But when he suddenly finds himself stalked by a stranger, he seeks out the help of the rumored, “campus gypsy” for help.
Despite his vow to stay single and play as many college women as he can while the fun lasts, Hawk can’t ignore his attraction to the lovely and spirited Breena. And she can’t get the hunky star hockey player out of her mind once a single touch of his hand reveals something utterly strange. Surrounded by mystery, they realize that fate has brought them together for a reason, but can they stay alive long enough to recognize the depth of their feelings for one another?
- Breena’s lead a life without touch. It’s easy to sympathize with her loneliness. Unable to form lasting relationships because of her ability, her solitude is incredibly sad. Breena is enterprising, she uses her gift to supplement her reading addiction and plays the part of a gypsy very well. Breena is a sweetheart, she worries about people and wants to help. Breena falls hard and fast, her adoration for Hawk is sudden and passionate. Watching Breena come into her sexuality is riveting. Every moment is a lesson in self-discovery.
- Hawk is gorgeous, flirty, and those mismatched eyes make him unforgettable. Sometimes his past as a cocky player comes out and it’s a little off putting but he makes up for it in his professions of love. The way he’s so open about his sexuality and what he wants is crazy attractive. Some of the things he says to Breena are adorable and jam-packed with heat. Hawk has a lot going on but he rarely loses his playful side and his lines are made of light and laughter. Plus, his violent arrogance on the ice during his hockey matches…sigh.
- Breena and Hawk have undeniable, steamy chemistry. Their interactions melt off the pages in a pool of raw, raunchy lust. Their scenes are HOT. Described in blush-worthy detail, every encounter is a new experience. Hawk worships Breena’s body and it’s beyond sexy.
- An unexpected twist that accelerates quickly. You won’t see it coming.
- The overall plot got lost in the romance. Focus was lost and it felt as though the main thread that brought Breena and Hawk together was an after thought. There was a serious gap in time between when crucial evidence (like microphones) were discovered and destroyed, and the fall out of those actions.
- Hawk and Breena brush off the seriously creepy and all around terrifying reality of an intruder in their homes. At first they panic but nowhere near what was expected. It felt as though it was an annoying fly that was buzzing around their lust. Not only did this detract from the plot but it made Breena and Hawk seem like they thought the situation was a joke when moments before they were freaking out. Reactions were contradictory.
- Information about the Sectorium and magical abilities were sparse. They only popped up when it was critical to advance the plot. For a series that is based on the Sectorium, I would have liked more insight into what the Sectorium is, what it does, and who is part of it rather than just the basic people with supernatural abilities.
The craft of writing, although dormant for years, never really left me. Many years later, and with the help of technology, I let my imagination run wild again.
Born in a small town in Pennsylvania, I enjoy writing about characters living in small quaint towns. I tend to lean toward the unusual and spooky. I read all genres but I love reading paranormal romance and like writing in that genre.
My paranormal playing field delves into a different milieu, abandoning vampires and werewolves, but not discounting them. Someday I might like to write a novel about vamps and those furry creatures. But for now I like the bizarre mixed with romance. A strong hero or heroine confronted with extraordinary forces of nature, powers and capabilities gets my blood running.
I live in Northern California with my very romantic husband, my small yippy dog, Riley, and my humongous black cat, Saké. My family consists of his and her children; four wonderful sons, one beautiful
daughter, and seven grandchildren. My greatest love in life is my family and those large and ever growing holiday dinners.
I enjoy traveling. I hate running, but do it once in a while. Reading and writing are my favorite pastimes.