Dylan (Book 2 of the Fianna Fail Series)-S. Kline
Hosted By: Bloggers From Down Under
Released: March 8th
Contains graphic sex, drug use, violence, and adult situations. Not recommended for anyone under 18.
This is a continuation series picking up from the end of book one.
“This is what life is all about. This is the place where all of our troubles are put to rest. This is my family. It’s not traditional, but it’s mine, and I will do everything in my power to protect what’s mine. Down to my last breath.”
Dylan Trent is more than just the main drug dealer for the organization known as Fianna Fail. He is also Troy Donovan’s childhood best friend.
Six months after Marcus’s betrayal, and Callie is still in hiding. The whole of the organization is on the hunt for revenge.
But what happens when a broken girl suffering abuse at the hands of her drug addicted mother and step-father entwines herself in Dylan’s world?
Meet Raven Colt. One girl who holds too many secrets for her eighteen years of age.
As their world collides will they rise above, or shatter under the pressure? Find out in book 2 of the Fianna Fail series.
Here is a small excerpt from book two in my Fianna Fail series!!!! If you haven’t read book one, Troy, get it now for only $0.99, and get ready for Dylan! Coming March 8th
“Are you going to the fight this weekend? I know Trisha will be there, and I won’t even lie and say I don’t want you to be there.” Dylan’s words make my heart stop and my palms start to sweat. Say no, Raven! You can’t be close to him like this!
“Yeah, I’ll be there.” What? That’s the opposite of no, Raven!
Dylan’s smile is so bright it rivals every star I’ve ever seen. I can’t look away. It’s not one thing in particular about him that pulls me in, it’s everything. How could anyone not want to be close to him? How could I not want to be close to him?
“I’m still not sleeping with you.” I say it just as the door swings open, and an extremely disheveled Trisha and Ethan stumble in. I look at them briefly before I shift my gaze back to Dylan.
His expression is amused as he brings a hand up to run soft fingers over the skin of my cheek. I tense from head-to-toe, but if he notices he doesn’t say anything about it.
“I still haven’t asked.” His words are only loud enough for me to hear, but when I look back at Trisha she is smiling like a kid in a candy store, and I know it’s because of our close proximity.
“Let’s go, man, we have things to take care of.” Ethan’s words seem to snap Dylan out of whatever trance he had been in.
He stands, and my eyes follow his movements until my head is tipping back just to see his face towering above me.
“See you ladies this weekend.” He winks at me, gives a slight wave to Trisha, and then follows Ethan out of the room.
***I received this book as a gift in exchange for an honest review and in participation with this tour.
- This story does contain triggers. Sexual abuse/rape of a minor. The emotions associated with these scenes as experienced by the protagonist are overwhelming and heartbreaking. Some scenes are more graphic than others. S. Kline does a great job capturing the fear and the moments when Raven collapsed into herself and disassociated with the rape to save herself mentally. The signs of PTSD are poignant and make Raven’s everyday life a constant battle between terror and memory, hope and romance.
- Dylan is a major playboy. He’s gruff, uber masculine, hyper sexual and uses the f-word more than I thought possible. He’s a playful, cocky tease one moment and a predator seeking out his prey in the form of gorgeous, skanky women. Dylan’s lines are full of innuendo and graphic dirty talk that will make even the most lascivious blush. He knows what he wants and states it in a provocative, honest manner. Despite Dylan’s hit it and quit in mentally of one night stands, lots of alcohol and quite a few joints, he’s a big, gushy sweetheart. He’s got a past that haunts him but never breaks him, a boyish charm that wins over all the ladies (well, that and his delicious body), a mother son bond that is so pure it will make your heart melt and the way his is with Raven and Harper-a gigantic guard dog. Dylan is forgiving, takes no BS, he listens and understands with very little questioning. He accepts and loves with an open heart and mind. Dylan is so many things, BA, violent, stoner, player but he’s also super loyal, loving, compassionate, and sacrifices his needs for those he loves and respects.
- Raven is a beautifully broken soul. She’s scarred and scared. A victim of a horrific past that continuously haunts her, Raven is trying to overcome the memories of her trauma, one that disgusts and debilitates her when it comes to other men. The fiery, confident girl Raven buried to survive is not gone but lying just beneath the surface and when she rises from the ashes of her past, she’s fierce, strong, and a genuinely good person. Raven has lived with horror so sickening and the repercussions of a twisted molester that left her damaged mentally towards men. Raven doesn’t know how to trust men and even when she’s attracted to Dylan she fights it. She feels as though she is baggage that no man will ever want to take on, that she’s soiled and it’s gut-wrenching to read. Raven is gorgeous inside and out, throughout the story your heart will ache for what she has lost and what she thinks she doesn’t deserve. Raven is a shoulder to cry on, the rock that holds people up when they feel like they’re falling apart, and like Dylan, she can’t hold in the truth, she wears her heart on her sleeve.
- Steven in the most repulsive human being. His words are almost worse than his actions. The threats he makes, the possessive way her marks, hurts, and claims Raven is disgusting and absolutely despicable. It kills me how complacent people can be, how they can turn a blind eye to something so obvious or just not care. There were a lot of things to hope for in this story but my greatest was that Steven got what was coming to him. S. Kline got his smarmy, vindictive, sadistic personality down pat and OMG you’ll want to tear him apart.
- Dylan and Raven are PERFECT for each other. A balance of heady lust and curiosity, their attraction builds into something much more potent. They’re scorching hot together. The chemistry is off the charts. Some scenes are avert your eyes, blush-worthy bliss. Graphic, passionate, and all out sexy. That dirty talk. You will have chills.
- The secondary characters have strong personalities. Most are memorable, wonderful people who have always got Dylan and Raven’s back.
- Dylan’s infatuation with Raven escalated at an unbelievable pace that sometimes felt rushed but never dishonest. The romance builds in an explosion of raw lust and genuine emotion that reads as beautifully sappy and oh so sexy. The L-word hit hard and fast, so quick that it was startling and had me questioning whether it was indeed love or that Dylan was simply captivated by the first woman who rejected him.
- For someone who doesn’t often read mob stories, references to the group and scenes that happened in a previous book (I was unaware this was a series and I’m gathering this is book 2) were confusing and tripped me up. I found myself going back to skim and see if I missed something.
- Violent scenes including the Irish brothers were cut off and shortened. There are leaps from one scene to the next that were lacking transition.
- An unexpected escape left me puzzled. How? There were no answers and because there was no explanation, it seemed as though it was randomly inserted for extra drama.
Kline is a stay-at-home wife, and mother of three. She was born and raised in small town Indiana. She spent three years working at a state psychiatric facility, was married at eighteen, and is now accomplishing her life-time dream of becoming a writer.
Thinking of being a street team member?
Do you love helping and pimping Indy Authors?
Want to be a part of a great little Street team Family?
Would you like a chance to read my work before everyone else?
Check out my Street Team all you need is to have is minimum 20 Minutes a day spare or less on FB to pimp!!
Contact this page to find out more
Troy Book 1 of the Fianna Fáil Series
Troy Donovan has it all; respect, legacy, and women. Men envy him, and women just want to be with him. All women except for Kaci Quinn.
Kaci made the mistake of falling for Troy once when she was twelve. After finding him making out with her cousin she vowed never to fall for his games again.
But how will they handle fate throwing them together as Troy tries to prove himself to the organization by avenging his mother’s murder? Not to mention the news of an unwanted pregnancy. Will desire bring them closer than ever, or will fate tear them apart for good?
“I was a powerful man by birth. My life chosen before I’d taken my first breath, it was a blessing and a curse. Fianna Fáil owned Palms, Florida. Half the cops were on our payroll, and the other half weren’t brave enough to stand against us.”