Colie Adger is trying to make it in the big leagues as an athletic trainer. Working in a man’s world isn’t easy but Colie has the help of Grant Adamson, a veteran pitcher on her team that has her back through the good, the bad, and the oh-so-ugly times.
Colie’s elated when big time pitcher Jace Richards, her former crush, comes back into her life. This time, he wants it all, with Colie front and center.
Grant thinks Jace is too good to be true and doesn’t trust his rival with the heart of his trainer. Voicing his opinion, Grant steps to the side and lets Colie follow her own path. Colie is torn between Jace’s lavish attention and the common sense of a solid friend.
Throughout the season, Colie must figure out how to make the best decisions for all the men in her life—both on and off the field. As good as she is at making decisions for others, can Colie figure out her own heart and hit a homerun off the right pitch?
***I received this ebook as a gift in exchange for an honest review via the author
The Right Pitch is the perfect blend of temptation and romance. It blurs the lines between lust and love and culminates in an epiphany-like realization. Colie discovers herself through the power and beauty of the right kind of love.
- Grant is sexy in a muted way. He’s got that gentlemanly, older guy attitude that boasts of utmost respect and putting his woman on a pedestal. He’s attentive, compassionate, and got a smile that will infatuate and fill you with happy.
- Colie and Grant have a natural ease together. They’re playful and charming, they’re constantly touching each other but most importantly they feel totally comfortable with each other. They laugh and tease, run to each other when they’re feeling upset. They take care of each other in a warm, soft way that speaks of adoration.
- Jace is a reformed playboy. Gorgeous, he oozes sex appeal and fame. He’s got a smoking hot body, secret piercings, and devilish tattoos. He’s almost irresistible. They way he talks to Colie is full of lurid promises and anticipation. The heat builds into an explosion of hormones. Colie is a goner when it comes to this deadly combination of flawless body and their past. Jace is insatiable and you’ll want more of what he’s giving. But not everything is as it seems and Jace has lying, manipulation and domination down to a science.
- Colie is a fiesty woman but only half of the time. Her personality to loud, she’s pushy and playful, she loves to tease her boys and stands up for what she believes in. Colie is unsure of her heart. She doesn’t know what she wants and never looks deep enough to tell. She makes huge mistakes and puts her relationships on the line because she is captivated about a past that could have been and what’s standing right in front of her. Colie is very sexual and in that she’s wildly confident, however, when it comes to her self worth, that’s when the doubt comes in. She trusts too easily, gives in too fast, and “forgets” and forgives way more than she should. I appreciated that Colie had the same misgivings that many average girls would have in her situation, that she doesn’t automatically choose, that things are not clear cut because when it comes to the heart, it rarely ever is.
- There was a certain scene that I was not okay with that’s borderline rape and not sexy at all. The problem is, there’s not confrontation or any addressing of this issue other than brushing it aside. The fact that Colie can be so passive was really disheartening.
- Colie let’s people walk all over her and forgets who she is in the name of love or what she mistakenly believes is love but is truly a big mess of infatuation, lust, and nostalgia. At times, it’s difficult to understand where Colie is coming from. She turns a blind eye to clues that seem obvious in favor of seeing the best in people. On one hand, it’s admirable that Colie is constantly looking for the good in even the dirtiest scoundrels on the other hand, it’s irking and naïve.
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: