FOREVER KINDA LOVE (Lovelly #1) by Clara Stone (Priya Kanaparti)
Genre(s): Mature Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Published: August 13th 2014
Life’s. Little. Surprises.
The last thing seven-year-old Carrigan “Ace” Casper foresaw was an eight-year-old Heath Lovelly walking into her life the day her mother died. From that moment on, Heath sticks by her side, slowly becoming her strength, her confidant, and her entire world. What she doesn’t know is, she’s his saving grace, too.
Ten years later, Ace is handed another crippling challenge that threatens everything in her almost perfect life. Only, this time, she doesn’t turn to Heath, hiding the truth instead. But Heath knows Ace too well and won’t back down easily. He’s ready to do whatever it takes and will stay by her side until she accepts that their love is the kinda love worth fighting for.
Will he be her forever triumph or her unexpected downfall?
And an unexpected journey to falling in love.
**Follow this book’s Story board on Pinterest —> HERE <—
**Mature Content Warning: 17+ for language and sexual content.
+++I received this book as a gift in exchange for an honest review
Forever Kinda Love is a sweet romance in which love is like an epiphany, a sudden realization that forever is sometimes in plain sight, if only we’d open our eyes to the beauty in front of us.
- Ace is determined. She lives by her word and goes out of her way to be helpful. She’s a nice person, funny, and really engaging. She’s immensely likable and you’ll find yourself rooting for her.
- Heath is a player. He’s gorgeous, popular, says the sweetest, most infuriating things and is a talented Lacrosse player. He’s the total package. Heath is caring, thoughtful, he’s attentive to Ace’s every need and does what he can to rile her up. Reading his sections and seeing how he views her as untouchable perfection is beautiful. Made of swoon.
- There’s an air of paranoia and sense of foreboding that resonates throughout the story. It’s anxious, as if waiting for something horrible to happen. The tension mounts to an extreme as the mystery becomes clear.
- Heath and Ace are perfect for each other. Clear as day soul mates. Their chemistry is undeniable and pure. They comfort each other and recognize all signs of fear and lying. They have each other’s back. It’s warm, raw, passionate, and full of genuine love. Their playful interactions are incredibly adorable. The heat builds into something heady and needy, they’re an irresistible force of love.
- The subplots, namely Ace and Heath’s tragedies are rich and full of powerful emotional trauma. The anguish and guilt they feel is overwhelming and heartbreaking but together, they start to heal.
- Vincent is rough around the edges and crazy sexy. He gives off a definite bad boy vibe. The flirty, heated scenes between Vincent and Ace are a steamy, lusty whirlwind that’s much different from the slow sensuality and teasing between Heath and Ace.
- Many of the secondary characters fade out and are forgettable. The random catty girls and rumors as well as the drama with Rock and Vincent were an unneeded distraction.
- I don’t understand why Ace ignores the obvious, why she pushes Heath away and fools around. Sometimes she’s irrational and flighty and it’s a bit annoying at times. Ace’s connection to the popular crowd, her cheerleading falls into the background so that there’s a disconnect between her school life and overall personality.
** Photography by Regina Wamba from Mae I Design and Photography
Clara Stone lives in the beautiful city of Boise, ID. Unlike what most believe about Idaho, it’s more than a sack full of potatoes. When she’s not writing, you’ll catch Clara reading YA and NA books, mostly romance, and enjoying time with her family. She is a proud CW TV addict.
She also writes YA paranormal romance under the name Priya Kanaparti. She is published through Reuts Publications.
Email: email@example.com/Snail Mail: P.O Box 2652 Eagle, ID 83616
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: