Release Date: November 1, 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Two people from completely different worlds are about to be thrown together…
In more ways than one.
She wants to keep her scholarship. He wants to stay on the team. An awkward alliance doesn’t even begin to cover Rimmel and Romeo’s relationship.
But that’s about to change.
It starts with a dare. An initiation. A challenge.
Quickly, it turns into more. But when you’re a victim of your status, there is no room for anything real. The rules are clear and simple.
Stick to your circle.
And never fall in love with anyone on the outside.
***I received this eARC in exchange for an honest review and in participation with this tour.
Cambria Hebert is quickly becoming one of my go to authors especially for fun, flirty romance that will knock you down and pick you back up, swooning with feels. #Nerd is a quirky contemporary that is perfect for fans of She’s All That or A Cinderella Story.
- Roman (Romeo) is a stud. He’s crazy sexy. While he is a playboy, the library scene is more than a little risqué and blush-worthy, he’s so charismatic and charming that it’s almost impossible not to fall for him. Romeo has so much going for him but there are definite cracks in his perfect world and it takes someone like Rimmel, who doesn’t have much of anything to show him what he truly desires. Romeo is aggressive, he never backs down from a fight and radiates that large, powerful energy that can crowd your space and make you feel small but wanted. Torn between the sacrifices he’d have to make to achieve his dreams and the love in his heart, Roman must make decisions that could make or break him. Rome0’s internal struggle grants insight into his winning personality and genuine heart. Make some room on your list for a new #bookboyfriend, ladies. I adored the way Romeo claimed her, marking his territory almost but in a cute, loveable way.
- Rimmel is scarred from her past and scared of the future. She just wants to disappear inside herself and live a life without scrutiny but with Romeo’s help she realizes that isn’t really living. After the hurt in her past, Rimmel is terrified to trust again and instead has found focus in her schoolwork. It’s heartbreaking to see how poorly Rimmel thinks of herself, how she hides and covers her body. Rimmel finds her calm in helping others and staying out of the way. As Rimmel and Romeo become friends, she blossoms into the person she once was but as a more mature, beautiful young women. Watching Rimmel’s epiphany, that she is worthy of love and happiness is amazing. For a style that is so light, this revelation is profound and uplifting.
- Murphy. Bless that one-eyed bundle of love. Murphy is the rock and reassurance that Rimmel needs, he’s her lifeline and her best friend. Their interactions bring on scenes of great understanding, where Rimmel learns and sees herself through Murphy. Their connection is warm and full of unconditional, mutual adoration. I think that many books do a great injustice by not capturing the honest, pure love between a protagonist and their pet.
- Rimmel and Romeo together are complimentary and made of a slow simmering affection that grows into much more. Their friendship is just as precious as their attraction. They get each other, he knows when to hold her and she knows when to be there for him. The passion between them is heavy and sweltering. When they finally give in, it’s an explosion of hands and lips and heart.
- The BuzzBoss hashtags and gossip was very Gossip Girl. ❤
- The drama with the frat house was a bit much. It escalated all at once and the backlash wasn’t much at all.
- Secondary characters were hardly present and it was difficult to have a solid opinion about them.
Cambria Hebert is a bestselling novelist of more than twenty books. She went to college for a bachelor’s degree, couldn’t pick a major, and ended up with a degree in cosmetology. So rest assured her characters will always have good hair.
Besides writing, Cambria loves a caramel latte, staying up late, sleeping in, and watching movies. She considers math human torture and has an irrational fear of chickens (yes, chickens). You can often find her running on the treadmill (she’d rather be eating a donut), painting her toenails (because she bites her fingernails), or walking her chorkie (the real boss of the house).
Cambria has written within the young adult and new adult genres, penning many paranormal and contemporary titles. Her favorite genre to read and write is romantic suspense. A few of her most recognized titles are: Text, Torch, Tryst, Masquerade, and Recalled.
Cambria Hebert owns and operates Cambria Hebert Books, LLC.
If you like any of the following, you’ll enjoy this: