The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Here’s my progress for Monday, I read far more than I thought but today might counteract that progress:
This is my third time participating in Bout of Books and I always love a good challenge. For this week my goals are pretty simple:
- Read as much as I can as often as I can.
- Complete the books you voted for me to read on my previous post/NetGalley books.
- Find time to participate in all of the Bout of Books activities/giveaways.
- Review several books that you voted for.
Books to Read:
Shattered Veil by Tracey E. Banghart Split Second by Kasie West
- No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
- A Whisper in Time by Elizabeth Langston
- Creators by Tiffany Truitt
- Number of Books Read Today: 2
- Total Number of Books Read: 2
- Books read during week: Shattered Veil and Split Second
- Participated in: Nothing yet 😦
- Feelings: I absolutely was in awe of Shattered Veil, wow, what a beautiful, powerful protagonist and the introspection and self discovery was so incredibly raw and brilliant. Loved it. I gave it 5 stars. The review will be out today. I’ll attach it later. Split Second, in my opinion was so much better than Pivot Point, which I rated as 3 stars. Split Second flips between Laila and Addie and each section is something entirely different and just full of personality. I became so wrapped up in Laila’s story, I kept speeding through, I didn’t sleep last night/this morning until I finished.
Are you participating this week? Let me know what you’re reading 🙂