Today, I was both shocked and super psyched to find out that this blog was nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Samantha over at Spines and Covers Book Blog. For those of you who have been following my journey and evolution as a book blogger, you are well versed in how much I love and respect the blogging community and the wonderful relationships built between readers, reviewers, authors, and publicity agents. The blogging community is full of compassionate, quirky, creative, and all around awesome people. I am so completely floored and impressed by the fabulous people I meet and talk with through this blog and through the blogs I follow. Talking to people, sharing opinions, love of books, and helping to promote talented authors has been one of the most rewarding and fun things I’ve ever done. I’m so happy that I get to share books with you all and bond. 🙂 You’re the best. Semi-sappy rant aside, I want to thank Spines and Book Covers Blog for reading my reviews and giving me a chance. I’m so glad you found my reviews and enjoyed my blog!!! As always, sharing is caring in the blogging world and I encourage my readers to check Spines and Covers out as well as my nominations for the Liebster Award.
- The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It’s an effective and structured way to spread the word about bloggers and introduce blog readers to others.
- The Liebster Award is a version of a chain letter. The goal is to nominate and pay it forward.
- You can refuse the award.
- Whether or not you participate is entirely up to you, you are under not obligation to continue the chain, AND you should not feel bad for declining the award, if it is not for you.
- You must link back to the person who linked you
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and come up with 11 new questions to ask
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
- You must let the person you nominated know you nominated them
1) What are your favorite childhood books?
When I was younger I was obsessed with The Jolly Pocket Postman. Someday, I hope to buy these books for my own children. They’re little treasure hunts in book form. They have clues, letters, objects in the pages and it kind of reads a little like Alice in Wonderland but it’s about a postman and his adventures while delivering the mail. It’s magical.
2) If you were stuck on an island, what are three books you’d love to have with you?
The Madman’s Daughter is poetic, beautiful, an amazing read and deals with how to survive in the wild on an island so it’s useful as well as entertaining. Through the Ever Night like The Madman’s Daughter has a dual function of being one of my favorite books and has detailed descriptions of hunting and survival skills in the woods in addition to by the sea. The Amber Spyglass is my all time favorite book. It was the first to make me cry and nothing has trumped it.
3) What is one author you would love to meet?
Laini Taylor. Author of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. I would love to meet Laini Taylor because not only does she seem like a genuinely cool person but her writing style is one I admire greatly. I love the cultural references and her colorful, vibrant portrayal of Prague. Her dialogue is fantastic, her characters are some of the more ingenious I’ve ever seen and I was completely and utterly in awe the first time I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I felt compelled to start writing again.
4) If you could have any power what would you choose?
My standard answer to this question for a couple years now has been the ability to place my hand on a book, speed experience everything in the book, and really know all the details 100%. I feel like this is the only way I’ll ever get through my TBR pile.
5) What was your favorite book from 2013?
My reasons for this are far too many to put in this small list. For an entire post worth of gushing about this book check out my review: The Madman’s Daughter
6) Where would you like to travel to the most?
I’ve been to Russia and many states in the U.S. but my dream place is Wales 🙂
7) Who is your favorite character? Why?
This is an impossible question. As an avid reader I can’t even fathom having one favorite character it’s just not even…I can’t. Some of my all time favorites would have to be Zuzana from The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series, Daemon from the Lux series, Barrons from the Fever series, and Roar from Under the Never Sky. Zuzana has so much spunk, she’s sassy, creative, and her creepy stories are always entertaining. She sees the world in such a way that it’s like a kaleidoscope of emotions, experience, and perceptions. Her lines are hilarious, she’s got such a loud personality for such a small girl. Daemon is oh so sexy, he’s sarcastic, charming, and the way he taunts Katy, he’s my YA book boyfriend. Barrons is just…aggressive, he’s a fiery beast of a man, oozing sex appeal and violence. He’s my adult book boyfriend and I wouldn’t trade him for anyone…except maybe Ryodan. Roar is caring, rough, gruff, and yet so funny, loving, and his heart is so filled with feels.
8) What is your favorite quote?
But he didn’t understand the price. Mortals never do. They only see the prize. Their heart’s desire, their dreams…But the price of getting what you want is getting what you once wanted.
Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot.
9) What fandoms are you apart of?
- Harry Potter
- His Dark Materials
- Lord of the Rings
- Game of Thrones
- Jane Austen
- Chronicles of Narnia
- The Mortal Instruments
- I mean…there are billions I could list…
10) Do you read one book at a time, or several at a time?
Depends on my mood. I’ll sometimes start a book and not be in the mood for it and then find another and switch back and forth.
11) What are 2 books you are looking forward to reading this year?
- What is your favorite book genre?
- What’s your favorite kind of love story?
- What do you think is overdone in YA?
- What’s your favorite magical creature?
- Do you believe in magic?
- How do you feel about foreign languages in books without translations?
- What’s your favorite book to movie?
- Are you a writer?
- What is your all time favorite fandom?
- Would you get a literary tattoo? If so, of what?
- I don’t get Dr. Who, do you? Please explain.
All of these blogs are fantastic. Check them out, explore, have fun, and find some new reads.
Pleasant reading all,
2 thoughts on “Liebster Award”